Sunday, November 13, 2011

... in books


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristie at The Story Siren


As I wrote on my blog on Thursday, this week I spent some time studying in my favorite bookstore here in Vienna. Quickly before I had to leave to go to work I browsed through the English section and found a book. I had the feeling that it was jumping up and down yelling: “Hey, don’t ignore me! I wanna go home with you!” 

It was “TheHouse of the Wind” by Titania Hardie.


 I need to make a confession: I am drawn to books that cover the following topics:
  • Italy
  • Tuscany
  • Shakespeare
  • Books 
The same is also true for books that have these words in their title. I need to buy them! There is this mystic call they send to me and I just find myself pulling the book from the shelf, wandering to check out and buying it! It is some sort of higher power. Seriously!

I bought it because somewhere in the cover I saw the magical word “Tuscany” so I had to have it.

It is a book with two storylines (which I loved in Anne Fortier’s Juliet). One set in today’s time and one set in the 14th century and the story somehow deals with the Casa al Vento (which means House of the Wind in Italian). That’s basically all I know about it but I am really excited to read it and afterwards I’ll tell you more about the story, the characters and my personal opinion about this novel.

So what was in your mailbox this week?

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of House of the Wind but it sounds just like something I'd enjoy. I love historical fiction. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete