Monday, July 14, 2014

...in books


Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon 2014 

April and Kat, the amazing bloggers over at My Shelf Confessions are hosting the 8th edition of the Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon from today till the 24th of July.

I love a good read-a-thon and I also am currently in the mood for one so I decided to participate when Kat tweeted about it yesterday. I knew that it was coming up but I proved to myself once again that if I don't write stuff down, I will forget it. So thanks for the tweet Kat :)

Here is some information about the read-a-thon:
The  Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of July 14-24 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun!

In the meanwhile, we will be hosting book-related challenges where you can win some awesome prizes and have a Twitter party at the hashtag #WWReadathon! You can posts updates on your blog, Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook or even YouTube — as long as the profile is public and we all can enjoy your reading progress! Make sure to link to the site where you’ll be sharing your posts/updates with us. 

You can sign up here.

Since I'll be tutoring quite a bit these next weeks I tend to get more reading in while my students are writing texts or practising English grammar (when I was at school I always hated it when teacher were looking over my shoulder while I was working so that's why - after discussing this issue with my students - I tend to read rather than stare at their hands). That is also why I will post my daily updates not on the blog but on Twitter, so be sure to follow me there for daily updates. But don't worry if you miss one, there will be a wrap-up on the 25th of July on the blog. 

Are you participting in the read-a-thon too? Do you have any plans for books you want to read? As always I'll just wing it and read whatever I'm in the mood for. Is it the 14th already? I cannot wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment