Friday, February 18, 2011

... in books

Day 5

I really hoped that these questions will get easier one day…well today is definitely not this day.  

Day 05 - A book or series you hate
Let me think…a book or series I hate. I am not sure if there is such a book. I know that there are some I started reading and didn’t finish but I cannot say that I hated these books. Sometimes they were not right at the moment or I didn’t like the style they were written in but hate….I don’t think so.


Well, I can’t say I hate this book but I am no big fan of Daniel Defoe’s “Robinson Crusoe”. This is one of these books I cannot warm up to. I find it extremely long-winded. There are long passages were nothing happens; page long anecdotes were Robinson describes how he makes clay pots or something.

I had to read it for university and I couldn’t finish it which is not typical for me because normally I finish books; at least because I want to be prepared for a possible exam question about this book. But “Robinson Crusoe” broke me. Maybe I will give it another try in some years time but I really don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment