Monday, February 14, 2011

... in books

Day 1

Yesterday while surfing the internet I found something that is called a “Book Meme”. Strange name for a non-native in English but the idea behind I find really nice.
It is kind of a questionnaire about your favorite books segmented into 30 different parts. Yeah, I know it resembles 30 days, equals one month but I discovered it yesterday and I am so keen on starting it. So my personal book meme will start today.

So, here’s it.

Day 01 - A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just freaking end already (or both!)
A book series I wish had gone on longer is clearly Anne GeorgesA Southern Sisters Mystery”.
This series is so well written, entertaining and the characters are so wonderfully constructed. Sadly, Anne George passed away in 2001 so there will definitely be no more books to that series. 


The Southern Sisters Mysteries contain eight books all but one taking place in Birmingham, Alabama and all featuring Patricia Ann Holloway and her older sister Mary Alice Tate Sullivan Nachman Crane. These two women are so completely different that their parents were happy that they both were born at home so that they could be sure that they were not swapped in hospital.

I have to admit that I never read the eighth book of this series. I know this might sound crazy but I don’t want to read the final book. I do this with lots of things. I haven’t watched the final episode of “Friends”, my all time favorite TV series. I haven’t read the last book of the “Inkheart” series because I really really loved the first two and I find it difficult to cope with the end of it. It is like my little spleen when it comes to ends.

Tomorrow’s question will be more difficult to answer. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment