Tuesday, May 13, 2014

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my 
Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

I was always quite good with putting books down when they didn't catch my interest after roughly 100 pages. I also had moments when I picked up a book and it just didn't feel right at that specific time and I put it down to pick it up at a later date and usually ended up loving it. But almost putting a book down rarely happens to me. So I'm really interested if I can come up with ten books. 

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
 
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
 
Starcrossed by Sophie Angelini
 
Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
 
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
 
I could only come up with five books I almost put down. All took some time to get into and to get used to the way it was told and the characters. Terry Pratchett and Jasper Fforde are known for their weird and sometimes a bit crazy style of writing and that took me full on when I read the first books by these two but after some pages I fell really hard even though it took me a lot longer to get into The Eyre Affair. Starcrossed and City of Bones were just too much in a small amount of time for me at first but I love both of these books and the rest of the series now. I'm really glad I pushed through the first doubts. With Eleanor Brown's The Weird Sisters it was a bit different. I thought this book was okay but nothing more and even though I had some difficulties with it I was really fascinated by the characters. I remember thinking (quite often) that putting this book down for good would be totally okay but I wanted to stay with the sisters for just a while longer and after some days I finished the book.

2 comments:

  1. Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is my all time favorite series-the books are definitely a bit quirky though :D

    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjayne.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fforde's series was a hit for me - although I still haven't finished the entire series, so... :)

    ReplyDelete