Friday, August 31, 2012

...in books

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads!
This week's question is:
Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?

I am a picky reader! If a book doesn’t suit my mood I will not start it or put it away after a few pages. So I can’t have a list of books to read or a schedule. At the beginning of summer I made a list of books I wanted to read during the summer – about 10 to 12 really good books I was looking forward to reading – and I only read one of them.
I am clearly one of those girls who stare at their bookshelf for a long long time and decide what to read spontaneously. This sometimes lead to funny situations in the middle of the night when I just need to get one specific book down from my shelf (which is as high as my apartment) and then it slips out of my hand and falls to the floor and wakes my dog who comes checking on me if I survived yet another night of bookish craziness.
The most horrible thing that can happen to me is when I am out for a whole day and my commute to university or work takes longer, I have time to read during between classes or at lunch and I finish my book before I’m home again. A good friend of mine always tells me that listening music is as good as reading (okay, he says it’s better than reading but what does he know, right?) but not for me. I hate it when I don’t have anything to read or if a have to buy a book when I’m in a hurry because then it usually is one I end up not liking so much.
To sum up my rambling and answer the question really quickly: I pick whatever suits my mood and appeals to me the moment I finish a book!

2 comments:

  1. I generally tend to bring two or three books in my bag, just because I worry I'll run out of things to read. It's heavy, but at least I always have a spare book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so hard for me to pick my next reads. Unless it one of those books that for a tour, I committed to read it for a review, etc.

    A for fun only book is hard! I hoard so many books from gifts, sales, etc. that when I want to read one I cant decide easily! I try to do the oldest first, then I go for the one that catches my eye first, heck I have even put titles in a bowl and picked at random! lolz!

    New follower via GFC, have a wonderful weekend :)

    TGIF@Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete