Tuesday, January 31, 2012

... in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish and this week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks

 
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice

 all the plays by William Shakespeare

Gervase Phinn’s School Inspector series
I would love to discuss these books with other teachers in training 

Terry Pratchett’s Wyrd Sisters
after reading William Shakespeare’s Macbeth 

Janet Evanovich’s One for the Money
in combination with watching the film and discussing differences

Nick Hornby’s About a Boy
I read this for my final exams in high school and wrote a paper discussing the differences between book and film and I would be really interested how other people experience it

I only came up with six books but one are the Complete Works of Shakespeare. Book Clubs aren’t popular in Austria so it was a bit difficult for me think about good books to discuss but I would love talking about those mentioned above.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have Pride and Prejudice on your list! Well done!

    Here is my Top Ten. I hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a Boy is a wonderful addition. Great list.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete