Sunday, January 29, 2012

... in books

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristie at The Story Siren.

My Birthday is next Wednesday so I haven’t bought any new books this week – until yesterday evening. I celebrated my birthday with my friends on Friday because some of them will go on vacation this week and I really wanted them there. My friends know me really well and that is why they don’t dare to give me books as presents. Sometimes I get vouchers but most of the time I get a special something that I really love.

This year two of my best friends got me a Winnie the Pooh mirror and a colleague and really good friend got me a doodling book for when I am bored at university. I also got a wonderful necklace and many other beautiful presents.

But back to the story – being out partying on Friday I slept in late on Saturday and wasn’t really able to sleep yesterday. So I got up again, fired up my laptop and browsed the internet. I found a new blog over Maggie Stiefvater’s Facebook page and started reading it. And there on this wonderful blog, called In the Closet with a Bibliophile, I found a recommendation for a book called “Yours to Keep” by Shannon Stacey. I read the review and then went on Amazon and started looking for it because this novel has the subtitle “Kowalski Family No. 3”; so there had to be more books.

I found all three in no time and downloaded them all to my Kindle and started the first one, Exclusively Yours, right away. I love it. It is chick-lit – no question but it is really good and entertaining and that is why I am spending my Sunday wandering between the couch and my bed nose stuck in my reader and I am pretty sure I will finish this book today because it seems that I can’t stop reading it for too long.

That’s why I will only show you the covers of the three Kowalski family books here and will get back to my Kindle right now.

Read you all next Sunday!

I finished Exclusively Yours an hour after posting this entry and I can highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Great set! I've never heard of Shannon Stacey but the covers look fun. Enjoy.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower. love your header .. speaks a lot about your tastes and who you are .. here is my IMM if you wanna follow back http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/imm.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Happy birthday and enjoy all your gifts! Here's my IMM if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-5.html

    ReplyDelete