Tuesday, November 19, 2013

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my
 
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To A Reader Who's Reluctant To Reading Adult Books

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
There is no ghost I love more than great-aunt Sadie! For all of you who only know Sophie Kinsella as the author of the Shopaholic series go check out her standalone novels.
They are soooooo amazing!

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbour series.
I adore this series and if I would allow it to myself I would have read all of them in one sitting.
I love Jill's writing style, the characters, the setting, …
Currently eight books are out and I have read five of them and cannot wait to read the next one.

I am a list-maker!
The Single Girl's To-Do List tells the story of Rachel dealing with the break-up from her boyfriend with the help of a to-do list and her two best friends.

If you never read any Jenny Colgan book and you love cooking and baking – read it!

A Taste For It by Monica McInerney
A Taste For It was the first of Monica's books I read.
I love it so much that I have a well-loved German version, an equally well-loved English version and a signed copy sent to me by Monica, which I treasure since it is one of my favorite contemporary novels and was the first signed book I ever received!

Breakfast At Darcy's by Ali McNamara
Breakfast at Darcy's is Ali's second book and my absolute favorite.
I discovered Ali's books in late 2010 and fell in love with her writing immediately.
If you are looking for a wonderful story with fantastic characters give her books a try.

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson
I was introduced to Rachel Gibson's books through a friend who gave me one of her books as a birthday present (yes, my friends still dare to give me books) and it turned out to be a mixture of adult and mystery and I if you know me a bit you will know that I love cozy mysteries so this was the perfect book for me. Rescue Me is the story of Sadie who returns back home to Lovett, Texas and needs to fight against the ghosts of her past.

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey
Exclusively Yours is the first book in the Kowalski Family series.
I can also highly recommend the other books in the series.

Spin the Bottle by Monica McInerney
Spin the Bottle is a bit deeper than your normal contemporary novel and tells the story of Lainey and her family who live in Melbourne but inherit a B&B in Ireland. Since Lainey is the only member of her family able to go away for a year she is forced to move overseas by her family.
The book follows the struggles she encounters along the way.
As usual with Monica's books it it heartwarming, lovely but heartbreaking too!

Friendship Bread by Darien Gee
Friendship Bread is also a heartwarming but heartbreaking story of a whole town and the lives of the inhabitants.

No comments:

Post a Comment