Tuesday, June 12, 2012

... in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week’s question is:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend as Good Beach Reads

Many people would classify a good beach read as a light and entertaining book full of sun and fun. I have the tendency to see these huge books (like 600 pages hardcover) as perfect beach reads. Why that? I always carry a book with me and due to the fact that my planner is quite big and heavy and my stuff for university and work needs to fit in the bag too I usually read thinner (around 400 pages) paperback books during the semester and read all the thick books during holidays. So my good beach reads might not only be those entertaining and fun books but here we go:

I’ve got your number by Sophie Kinsella
hilarious books, quick read and super entertaining

Those Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney
a wonderful family story full of real life events

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
you should always read a Jasper Fforde novel when you don’t have much to do – they are really weird and funny and it’s best to crawl into his weird stories and come out afterwards without disruption

English covers
German covers
The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
wonderful world full of books and a reading girl protagonist – I would love to spend some time in those books

The To-Do List by Mike Gayle
a book dedicated to a 1277 items long to-do list and only 52 weeks to finish them all – amazing book!

Weird Sisters by Terry Pratchett
one of the best books in his Discworld series – a must read for fantasy fans

Okay, now I arrived at the point where I will tell you what books I would like to make my good beach reads for this summer, even though I will not see the ocean this year. 

Divergent by Veronica Roth
no I haven’t read it so far – shame on me

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I know, I know – shame on me again

Don't forget to enter my giveaway 
for a signed copy of Monica McInerney's 
Those Faraday Girls
Only 6 more days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment