Friday, January 1, 2016

Dear Blog,

how are you?

I know, you didn't get much love and attention in 2015. I cannot even tell you why that happened. It just did. But I missed you terribly. Maybe I just needed some time to reboot, focus on myself, my life, the things I'm doing or maybe I just wasn't feeling it. I simply don't know.

You missed quite a lot of things in 2015 so I want to share my highlights with you:
  • In February a very good friend of mine got her second baby boy Valentin. He's so gorgeous and such a happy little fellow. Almost as cute as his big brother but I might be biased here. 
  • In March two babies were born. A lifelong friend of mine welcomed her baby girl Charlotte one day before Sabine gave birth to Erik. They both had difficulties at first (the babies, not the mothers) and had to stay in the hospital the first month of their life but now they are happy and healthy little ones.
  • Due to Marion having her girl, we got back in touch and I really enjoy being part of Charlotte's life and also reconnecting with Marion again. We spent quite a lot of time together when we were kids and discovering what we did back then...
  • In July Valentin got baptised and we had a great afternoon celebrating. 
  • Some days later I visited my kids (I was leader of a youth group many years ago and two of my kids became leaders too) on their summer camp. It was their last year with their group and it felt like history repeating itself. Watching my kids be all grown-up...it made me really proud of them and a little bit a lot sentimental. 
  • In August Erik got baptised and I am his godmother. I'm so happy and proud. 
  • In September I went on an excursion with uni and had a great time. 
  • During December my old high school class met again for mulled wine and we had such a fun afternoon with some life-changing ideas being brought up. 
  • This whole year was quite good healthwise which makes me so happy. 
  • I've also been to some great concerts like Robbie Williams, The Puppini Sisters, Sting & Paul Simon and David Garrett. Can't wait which ones 2016 will bring.
  • On Christmas day my cousin (who's three years younger than I am) told us that he got married to his girlfriend of many years. To say we were stunned would be an understatement but I am really happy for the two. 
I have some things to consider in 2016 and need to make some decisions about my life and the way I want it to go but right now I am just happy that I got to spend some time with my friends and family and my books during the days between Christmas and New Year's. Now I'm off planning 2016 and starting to focus on reaching my goals.

I'm planning to be way more active on the blog this year too, so don't you worry.

All my love and happy 2016,
Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment