Saturday, January 4, 2014

...in books



Bout of Books 
It's time for a Bout of Books Read-a-Thon!

From January 6th to January 12th there will be another Bout of Books Read-a-thon hosted by the lovely Amanda from On a Book Bender and Kelly from Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. There's still enough time for you to sign up and if you want to, you can check the schedule here.

Today it's time to write down my goals for this read-a-thon. Unfortunatly my life (work, uni, studying, etc.) will start again onTuesday (with an exam - how great is that?) so I cannot devote as much time to reading as I would like but I will still try to focus my attention to reading in my spare time.

My Goals

  • I want to read at least 1 hour a day.
  • I want to visit more blogs during Bout of Books and comment. 
  • I don't want to stress about how many pages I read, etc.
  • I want to enjoy this week of reading, rambling and being surrounded by bookish people.  
  • I want to try to participate in at least one Twitter chat.  
As you might know by now, I hate (yes, hate) having to come up with specific books I will read during the read-a-thon and I'm glad that there's no need for me to write them down beforehand. So I will choose them during the week, depending on if I manage to finish the book I'm reading now before Monday, my mood and how much time I'll spend on public transport (the decision between Hardback or Paperback).

Updates
 I'll post my daily updates here

Monday
Number of pages I've read today: 253 pages
Books I read: Breakfast at Darcy's
by Ali McNamara
Books I finished: 0

Tuesday
Number of pages I've read today: 160 pages
Books I read: Brekfast at Darcy's, The Madness Underneath, 111 Reasons to love London

Books I finished: 1


Wednesday
Number of pages I've read today: 31 pages
Books I read:
The Madness Underneath, 111 Reasons to love London
Books I finished: 1


Thursday
Number of pages I've read today: 150 pages
Books I read: 111 Reasons to love London, The Strange Case of Finley Jayne

Books I finished: 2


Friday
Number of pages I've read today: 42 pages
Books I read:
111 Reasons to love London, The Girl in the Steel Corset
Books I finished: 2


Saturday
Number of pages I've read today: 27 pages
Books I read:
111 Reasons to love London, The Girl in the Steel Corset
Books I finished: 2


Sunday
Number of pages I've read today: 33 pages
Books I read:
111 Reasons to love London
Books I finished: 2

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the rest of the readathon :) I am in love with your button by the way, so many things I love in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, especially with work and school! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go go go! The end is almost here, but you're doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete