Friday, January 4, 2013

...in books

 Book Challenges 2013

Last year I only participated in the Goodreads Challenge and read more than my 60 books I wanted to read. This year I was looking at more challenges and picked some really cool ones. Most of them require an introduction and or goal setting post and I am combining all these in this one post. 

2013 Reading Challenge 
I will, once again, participate in the Goodreads Challenge and my goal is to read 60 books this year too. I know that I managed to read 83 in 2012 but I want to be on the safe side in 2013 and I know that I have a lot of things planned so I might not be able to read so many books. If I set my goal to 60 books I am sure that I will complete it successfully and we all love to succeed, right?

 
6 awesome book bloggers host the 2013 TBR pile reading challenge and I will participate! I have so many unread books on my shelves and I would love to read more of those. Not only will I feel a lot better when doing so, I will also have more money throughout the year (when I'm not buying so many books) and it will be so much easier for all my friends and family to give me books for my birthday. I'm aiming to read 11-20 books from my TBR pile which is categorized as "a friendly hug" (I love this name). Hopefully I will read more than 20 books from my TBR pile but I can move up levels anytime during the year.

 
Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf is hosting a Witches & Wizards Reading Challenge. I sounds like so much fun so I added it to my ever growing list of challenges. My goal is to reach Initiate level (to read 1-5 Witchy books).

Genre Variety
A Daydreamer's Thoughts host a Genre Variety Challenge. I like many genres but feel like I neglected some awesome ones last year. So I will try to jazz up my reading by participating in this challenge. I am Careful and will try to read 6 books from 6 different genres this year.

 
I also will participate in the Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge and want to read 5 books from the list.

 
Workaday Reads hosts the Ebook Challenge on her blog. I have a Kindle and love it but I tend to neglect reading ebooks because I love the feel of a pysical book which leads to many awesome ebooks on my reader but I only read a handful. This will change in 2013 because my goal is to read at least 10 ebooks which is the CD level.

 
I will also be part of the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge. I read the first book 2 years ago, really liked it but haven't read another one. Dani from Pen to Paper loves this series and recommended them to me over and over again so I will participate in this challenge to be "forced" to read them. I want to read books 1-4 which is Level 1 "Just a Drop". I know I read the first book already but I can't remember a thing other than me liking it. So Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead and Dead to the World will be the books I want to read in 2013. 


 
I have a huge problem with finishing series. When I enjoy a series it is hard for me to say goodbye to the characters so I tend to read all books in the series except the last one. I'm pretty sure I missed out on a lot of great endings because of this habit. So I will try to finish at least 2 series this year and will keep track via Socrates' Book Reviews' Finishing the series reading challenge. 

europe map
And the last two challenges aren't exactly challenges. Epic Reads - check them out if you don't know them - did YA Reading Maps of the US, Europe, Oceania, Canada and Greenland last year. I want to read at least 3 out of the 33 books from the Europe map and 5 from the 50 books on the US map. I love the idea of reading your way across a country and as a geographie student I am a sucker for maps. So thank you Epic Reads for creating these maps

In 2013 I will participate in 10 different reading challenges and my own Photochallenge. Some of the books I will be reading might count for more than one challenge so it doesn't feel so intimidating but still, I have a year full of wonderful books ahead of me and looking forward to the experience.

Are you participating in any challenges? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm only doing the GR challenge this year - I always forget the linkys and stuff for other challenges (disorganisation is my middle name, after all!).

    I do love the sound of the Witches one though.....

    Good luck, Karin, I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete