Thursday, December 19, 2013

...Blogmas

Day 19

Welcome to Blogmas!
Every day from December first til Christmas Eve I will post one Christmas related post, giving you gift ideas, tips, recipes, etc. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 
 
Winter Wonderland Book Tag

This Tag goes around YouTube at the moment, I saw it on Charley Reads channel at the end of November and felt like it would fit perfectly into my Blogmas plan. The Tag was originally created by Jack Eats Books. Feel free to answer the questions either on your blog or on your YouTube channel but if you do, please leave a link in the comments so that I can go and check it out.

What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
My choice for the happy, heartwarming and sweet book is a bit strange. I pick One for the Money by Janet Evanovich.
Yes, it's a mystery novel and I still picked it. One for the Money tells the story of Stephanie Plum who blackmails her cousin Vinnie in giving her a job at his bond office and she wouldn't be Steph if chaos and drama wouldn't follow her. It is the first book in a series and the beginning of Stephanie's story. She finds new friends, a mentor and starts a new life – Stephanie picking herself up and managing her life with only a little drama is the part that affects me and warms my heart every time I read it.


What is your favorite book with a white cover?
I don't have very many books with a fully white cover. Most of mine have a white spine and a colorful cover which made it a bit difficult to find one. I finally picked two – one that has a white cover and is one of my favorite books and with the second I need you all to not look too closely because the cover is more light blue than white but it is one of my favorite books ever.

Christmas at Lucky Harbour by Jill Shalvis which includes Simply Irresistible and The Sweetest Thing the first two books in the Lucky Harbour series

Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara. I adore Ali's writing and from the four books she published Breakfast at Darcy's is my absolutely favorite.


You're sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate but what Monster read are you reading?
Since this Tag is called the Winter Wonderland Tag I won't pick one monster book I associate with summer and Australia but I will pick a book from the Infernal Devices series. They are all quite chunky and addicting so I would either pick one of those or maybe one of Monica McInerney's books. They are all monster books too but I have to be in the right mood to read one of her family stories. They are always amazing novels but they usually deal with family drama and can be really emotional. I remember crying on the plane from Western Australia back to Austria. Whoopsy!


It started snowing so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with?
I would love to have a snowball fight with Joe Morelli from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Joe is a Jersey cop and is always described as fit and handsome. He can also take jokes and be super sarcastic, which is something that appeals to me. And don't forget that after the snowball fight, when we're both cold and our clothes are wet we could enjoy a cup of hot cocoa before the fire ;)


Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?
Tolstoy and the Purple Chair; My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch would be my pick to keep me warm. From the back cover it sounded like a book about books, telling the story of Nina who turns to books after her sister's death at the age of 46 but I couldn't finish it since it also deals with the second world war which is something I have tremendous difficulties. I find reading about war extremely hard and I'm trying to avoid it as much as I can. So sacrificing this book would not be too difficult for me.


What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn't read before but wants to get into reading?
This question is pretty hard!

If the person who wants to get into reading is looking for a YA book I would definitely recommend The Infernal Devices aka Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. The world building, the characters, the storyline ….

If the person want to get into reading adult books I would force Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella on them. I adore the characters and storyline of Twenties Girl. I loved all of Sophie Kinsella's stand-alone novels but Twenties Girl is my absolute favorite.

5 Days Till Christmas Eve

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Twenties Girl and I included that in one of my blog lists as well! Such a great book!

    ReplyDelete