Sunday, December 1, 2013

...Blogmas



Day 1

Welcome to Blogmas!
Every day from December first til Christmas Eve I will post one Christmas related post, giving you gift ideas, tips, recipes, etc. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I honestly cannot believe that today is the first of December! 
  • It will be Christmas Eve in 23 days! In Austria we celebrate Christmas on the evening of the 24th mostly with the intimate family and on Christmas Day many of us go to a family member's house to celebrate with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and extended family. 
  • All the fortunate people who got an Advent Calender this year are allowed to open the first door, package, envelope, ...
  • It is an Austrian tradition to have an Advent wreath and every Sunday evening in anticipation to Christmas we will light one of the four candles. Tonight many many candles will lighten windows. 
  • From December first onwards my mum and me really start to get into the Christmas spirit. We start decorating, singing and humming Christmas songs, thinking about presents, discuss if we should try to bake some Christmas cookies again this yearand plan trips to Christmas markets (which we are usually not "allowed" to go to before December).
This year I am really looking forward to Christmas. 2013 was not the best year for me but during Christmas season I always feel happy, safe and content. I am looking forward to drinking mulled wine, baking cookies, buying and wraping presents, sending Christmas cards and meeting my friends again for our traditional Christmas gathering on the day before Christmas. We didn't see each other as often this year as I would have liked so I am extra excited to see them all again soon. 

I decided to do Blogmas again this year even if it is harder to come up with ideas for posts after the first year but it is a way to count down to Christmas and share some love with all of you. Over the next weeks I will share book recommendations, gift ideas and festive spirit with you and hope you enjoy counting down to Christmas with me.

23 Days Till Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment