My Pic of February
February in One Word
GreyDuring February we only had 40% of the sun days we usually have. Unfortunately the same happened in January and those grey, dull days got to me. I felt tired, sad and my motivation left me alone at the beginning of February and hasn't returned yet. If you live somewhere where it's warm and you see my motivation tell her (yes, my motivation is a her) to come back home. I promise it'll get better here, weatherwise.
- It was my birthday on February 1st and I spent it with all my friends and my family.
- I finally, after two long months, saw my friend and her baby boy again. He grew so much since Christmas! He is such a cutie and you can play with him and entertain him basically every second of the day. He also would have shared his banana with me but I didn't share my coffee so I thought it would be unfair if I ate his fruits.
- I received my annual bonus from my favorite bookstore and the amount of money I spent there in 2012 just blew me away. The book industry will not go backrupt - I took care of that.
- I booked my trip to London this August! I am really looking forward to going "home" again and am counting the days.
- I finally figured out a good way to organize and color-code my to-do lists.
5 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
Before he cheats by Carrie Underwood
Good Girl by Carrie Underwood
Daylight by Maroon 5 but I love the cover version of Alex Goot and Julia Sheer
Have a nice trip by Daisy Mallory
Our Kind of Love by Lady Antebellum
Book I Read this Month
- Shannon Stacey - Exclusively Yours
- Maureen Johnson - The Name of the Star
- Lindsey Kelk - The Single Girl's To Do List
- Gervase Phinn - The Little Village School
- Monica McInerney - Spin the Bottle
- Gail Carriger - Etiquette & Espionage
a TV series I liked this month
5 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month
- As I mentioned above, I recently rediscovered the TV series Blossom. Do you still remember it? I know that I watched it quite regularly as a kid and really enjoyed it and after watching the whole first season of Melissa and Joey last month I thought why not be a bit old school and watch the first series I ever saw him in again.
- I also rediscovered Shannon Stacey's book Exclusively Yours in February. I read it in Janauary 2012 and really liked it. It was one of those books that stayed in my head for over a year and because I haven't written a review of it I had to re-read it to do just that.
- Cheese! Speaking of random :) I always ate cheese but it wasn't something I absolutely had to have but recently I just fell for it and there's nothing better than a fresh roll with salted butter and some cheese. Breakfast safed!
- After I read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn for the first time I was obsessed with red Moleskine notebooks and three weeks ago one of them fell into my hands and I used it ever since for my daily lists and reminders. It brought a little bit of color to my bag.
- I really liked staying at home with a cup of coffee and a good book. The weather made it quite easy to do just that and it also didn't encourage you to go out.
Things I'm Looking Forward to in March
- The semester at university will start again in March and I will take one rather interesting seminar - at least I hope it'll be interesting.
- My aunt, uncle and two cousins will return from their 4 week long vacation in Taiwan.
- I'm really looking forward to the publication of Cassandra Claire's Clockwork Princess and Maureen Johnson's The Madness Underneath.
- A lot of birthdays - including my mum, both my uncles, my aunt and many friends.
- Easter holidays
- Bloggiesta (March 22nd – 24th). For more information click here.