Thursday, February 21, 2013

...in books



Review
The Single Girl’s To Do List
by Lindsey Kelk

First sentence:
It had been an odd Sunday.

Summary:
Rachel Summers loves a to-do list:
• Boyfriend
• Flat
• Great job

NOT on the list:
• Being dumped

Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an entirely new kind of list – The Single Girl’s To-Do List. Rachel doesn’t know it, but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures – and get her in some romantic pickles too. And then it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off…

• Mr. bendy yoga instructor
• Mr. teenage sweetheart
• Mr. persistent ex
• Mr. deeply unsuitable

The Single Girl’s To-Do List gives Rachel the perfect heartbreak cure – and proves love is out there if you’re willing to take a chance.
source: Goodreads

My opinion:
I am list making addict! I am one of those who love the feeling of crossing something off a list and I also color-code them. So what could be more obvious than me buying a book that’s called The Single Girl’s To-Do List?

I already read the first book in Lindsey Kelk’s I heart … series and fell in love with her way of writing. To be honest, I read this book in July 2011 when I was on a road trip through Western Australia and loved it. That’s why I bought a physical copy to put it next to her other books I own and because I couldn’t remember much and wanted to write a review I decided to read it again.

Rachel, a London based make-up artist, is a list addict like me and plans her life in great detail but she hasn’t planned that her boyfriend will break up with her – in a rather cowardly way, might I add. Fortunately Rachel’s two best friends come to her rescue and over a some bottles of wine they decide to start the Single Girl’s To-Do List.

This book is full of love and friendship, motivation, butt kicking – which, let’s be honest, is sometimes necessary to reach your goals – and wonderful characters. Rachel is not only super organized, she is also fun and hilarious, a really good friend and super blind when it comes to the one who loves and adores her. She is also strong willed, not (really) afraid to face her fears and knows what she does and does not want in her life.
Her friends Matthew and Emelie are two fabulous friends who are always there when Rachel needs them and they also make sure that she doesn’t kill herself after the break-up.

The book basically covers Rachel’s way from being recently dumped to recovering and discovering what she wants in life and how she can achieve it. It is full of funny and witty dialogues, great characters and strong friendships.

While reading I often thought that I would kill for friends like Emelie and Matthew but in hindsight I have to say that I have a lot of wonderful friends who not only been through a lot of things with me but would also come (and came) to my rescue anytime I need them.

If you are looking for a fun and upbeat book about a strong girl and her officially becoming a single girl, for the first time in her life, than read this book. Lindsey Kelk’s writing is just fabulous.

For more information about Lindsey visit her Homepage and her Twitter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment