Day 8: Quick!
Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
Wow, this was quite a hard one to come up with but I think I managed to come up with all the things that I like on blogs.
Here's my list:
- a clean and clear layout
- an appealing color scheme - I am a sucker for blogs working with the same range of colors for their posts, memes, etc.
- a photo of the blogger - I love getting an idea who the person behind this fabulous blog is and what she/he looks like.
- posts with pictures - I really appreciate it when a long post is broken up with some pictures, gifs, photographs, etc.
- reviews of books I read or own - I love to read other people's opinion of books I read too and if I find a review of a book I own but haven't read I will save the review until I read it. I have a huge folder on my computer with lots of reviews of books I need to read.
- Top Ten Tuesday posts - hello there, fellow listy
- Goodreads links - either to a profil or a reading challenge - I always check out how many and which books other bloggers have read so far and how much they rated it. I love comparing their ratings to mine.
- Bloglovin' links - it makes my life a whole lot easier if I can just follow my favorite blogs via Bloglovin' so that I don't miss any posts. I feel really guilty if I miss one - blogging takes away your free time so I want to appreciate your posts.
- easy navigation - aka different tabs at the top
- labels - I love going to older posts with the same labels to check them (all) out. I can spend hours reading year old post with labels like "lovestory" or "school"
- a writing style that isn't too formal - fun, jokes, sarcasm, talking to the reader
- an interesting variety of posts
- not only book reviews
- personal posts mixed with bookish ones - I love getting to know the author of the blog
- recurring features like Top Ten Tuesday or Showcase Sunday - not too often but I like browsing all the different TTT post in my Bloglovin' list