Friday, August 16, 2013

...in books

April from Good Books and Good Wine created a wonderful 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge! Check it out and if you'll participate link your post to April's original post.

Day 8: Quick! 
Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!

Wow, this was quite a hard one to come up with but I think I managed to come up with all the things that I like on blogs.
Here's my list:
  1. a clean and clear layout
  2. an appealing color scheme - I am a sucker for blogs working with the same range of colors for their posts, memes, etc.
  3. a photo of the blogger - I love getting an idea who the person behind this fabulous blog is and what she/he looks like.
  4. posts with pictures - I really appreciate it when a long post is broken up with some pictures, gifs, photographs, etc. 
  5. reviews of books I read or own - I love to read other people's opinion of books I read too and if I find a review of a book I own but haven't read I will save the review until I read it. I have a huge folder on my computer with lots of reviews of books I need to read. 
  6. Top Ten Tuesday posts - hello there, fellow listy
  7. Goodreads links - either to a profil or a reading challenge - I always check out how many and which books other bloggers have read so far and how much they rated it. I love comparing their ratings to mine. 
  8. Bloglovin' links - it makes my life a whole lot easier if I can just follow my favorite blogs via Bloglovin' so that I don't miss any posts. I feel really guilty if I miss one - blogging takes away your free time so I want to appreciate your posts. 
  9. easy navigation - aka different tabs at the top 
  10. labels - I love going to older posts with the same labels to check them (all) out. I can spend hours reading year old post with labels like "lovestory" or "school"
  11. a writing style that isn't too formal - fun, jokes, sarcasm, talking to the reader 
  12. an interesting variety of posts
  13. not only book reviews
  14. personal posts mixed with bookish ones - I love getting to know the author of the blog
  15. recurring features like Top Ten Tuesday or Showcase Sunday - not too often but I like browsing all the different TTT post in my Bloglovin' list

No comments:

Post a Comment