Saturday, August 3, 2013

...in books

Finally it's time again for a Bout of Books Read-a-Thon!

From Monday August 19th to Sunday August 25th there will be another Bout of Books Read-a-thon hosted by the lovely Amanda from On a Book Bender and Kelly from Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01 am Monday and runs through Sunday midnight in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 

I love the Bout of Books read-a-thon and been participating in it many times now. August read-a-thons are usually not the best for me because during this month I work like crazy. In Austria schools have holidays in July and August and at the beginning of September those kids that failed
one or two subjects get a chance to take an exam in this subject(s) to get a chance to not miss a whole year of high school. Our students can't just fail one course. If they do they have to take the whole year again. The last three weeks of August I work like crazy teaching 4 kids all the things they are not able to do in English in a limited amount of time. Yes, sometimes I feel like Don Quixote fighting against windmills. :)


This year I will also be in Amsterdam for a Blogger Picnic me and four other lovely book bloggers organized so I won't be able to participate the whole week but I'll do my best to read as much as possble during that week.

As always I won't make a list of books I will be reading but will be reading according to my mood.

Will you participate in the Bout of Books read-a-thon too?

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I see a lot of people are 'free-styling' this time around, which should be fun :-D

    ReplyDelete