Tuesday, January 29, 2013

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls at The Broke and Bookish want to know my:
Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever

I usually don't get annoyed with characters but I often have this "oh my God, what are you doing? Could you be any more annoying/stupid/frustrating?" moment quite often with characters and they usually are male ones. Coincidence? So I figured I would tell you these ones because they can get annoying from time to time.

Jace Waylard (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare)- the number one! 
His switching between being super nice and caring about Fray and the next moment he behaves like a jerk - I just want to shake him and tell him that she doesn't deserve being treated like that. 
 
Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare)- close second! 
It seems as if Cassandra Clare is good with writing annoying and frustrating males. 
 
Gideon de Villiers (Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier)
He is quite a lot like Jace and treats Gwen differently every minute. He cares about her and tries to help her but the next second he doesn't speak to her and treats her like she did something really wrong and she never knows why. I either want to yell at him basically every two pages or tell Gwen that he's an idiot and that she's better without him. 
 
Ranger (The Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich)
 I'm reading Hard Eight right now and when I was on my way home last night I read it on public transport and more than once I thought: "Come on, get yourself together. Tell her how you feel about her. Stop playing games!" I cannot say that I'm Team Ranger because I adore Joe Morelli but sometimes I just wish they both would man-up. 
 
Joe Morelli (The Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich) - same reason as above. 
Just man-up, Joe!



Okay, I could only think of five (part-time) frustrating characters but hey, that only means that I enjoy almost all characters I read about, right?
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these! I find it interesting that you don't get annoyed with characters. I'm not one of those who get SUPER annoyed with a lot of characters either so it took me a while to compose my list!

    ReplyDelete