Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls at The Broke and Bookish want to know my:
Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All)
Book settings are really important for me and I tend to buy books based only on their settings (maybe not my best characteristic). Book settings I would like to see more of are:
- today's London - there is no better city to set books in than London. I love the city and I always keep a small map of London in my planner. When a contemporary novel (YA or adult) is set in London I love taking out my map and following the people around town. You might have guessed: I am a Map-Lover!
- past London - once again, a city I love but London in the past is full of history and interesting bits and pieces. Books I loved set in London in the past are: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier or The Alexia Tarrabotti series by Gail Carriger.
- New York - the city that never sleeps.
- Paris - which I really didn't like when I visited it but I love reading books set there and I think I should give Paris another chance.
- Italy - the country of my dreams and a place I would love to live. Everytime a book is set in Italy it feels like coming home and this wonderful images of beautiful cities, the ocean, gelato, pasta, pizza, ... There is nothing better than a holiday feeling when you read a book.
- somewhere in the USA - my parents and I made some wonderful road-trips through the states when I was a child and those were and still are my most treasured memories.
- at the ocean - becasue the ocean is something magical and calming.
- Vienna - I would love to read a good YA novel set in the city I live in.
- Discworld - I can't get enough of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels and everyone who enjoys fantasy novels should read his books.
- on road trips - road trip books are awesome and I'm sure that it doesn't matter where the book is set as long as the characters are on a road trip the book will be good. Unfortunately there are not enough good road trip books. So if you have any recommendation, please send them my way.