My Pic of April
If you read my blog regularly, I'm sure that you know this little guy by now. He is the baby boy of a good friend of mine and this semester she and her boyfriend had lectures at the same time so I get to spend some time every Tuesday with him. We usually go to a playground and each week I am amazed how much more he is capable of doing. Since the beginning of March he started walking (on my hand and by himself), got interested in the slide and the swing and his mum bought some a bucket, a shovel and some molds to play in the sand. So now I am so tired and full of sand but super happy every Tuesday.
April in One Word
SpringIn April spring finally arrived in Austria. We had a lot of sunny and warm days and somehow the spring season was really short this year. Last week we had temperatures over 25° Celsius so it was, at least temperaturewise, a summer day. It was such a beautiful month that I spent a lot of time outside, walking the dog, soacking up all the sunshine I could get and finally stop freezing (as I did basically all of winter).
5 Things that Happened in April
- At the beginning of April we had a Sunday lunch with some of my friends which was really nice and relaxing.
- The Puppini Sisters were in Vienna and I saw them at their concert. Those three girls are so talented.
- We had an Easter Brunch at my aunt's on Easter Monday (April the 1st).
- I spent some time at my old school watching my old French and Maths teacher. I had to write a paper about teaching methods for one of my seminars.
- In April we had the 30th City Marathon in Vienna and the 33rd City Marathon in London. I watched both and the one in London really reawakened my desire to go to London soon (4 months and counting).
5 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
Just Give Me a Reason by Pink fet. Nate Ruess covered by Tyler Ward
I Do by Colbie Cailatt
Millionaire by The Puppini Sisters
Once Again by Corey Gray
Book I Read this Month
- Janet Evanovich - To the Nines
- Carole Matthews - The Chocolate Lovers' Club
- Christine Nöstlinger - Gretchen Sackmeier (German book)
- Christine Nöstlinger - Gretchen hat Hänschen-Kummer (German book)
- Christine Nöstlinger - Gretchen, mein Mädchen (German book)
- Monica McInerey - Sweet Charity
- Trenton Lee Stewart - The Mysterious Benedict Society
- H.P. Mallory - To Kill a Warlock
- Richelle Mead - Frostbite
- Gwendolyn Heasley - Where I Belong
- Jenn McKinlay - Buttercream Bump Off
- Stephanie Perkins - Lola and the Boy Next Door
a TV series I liked this month
This month Hart of Dixie finally started in Austria. I watched the first season of this series at the end of last year and fell in love with it so I was really interested how the actors sound in German. Let me tell you: I was dissapointed. The voices of the actors and the translations were not alike at all (which is okay) but what I really like about Hart of Dixie is this wonderful Southern drawl and this is not present in the German version. So I started watching it again in English and I still like it a lot! If you never watched it and like this Southern US mentality and watching a New Yorker establish herself in a small southern town in Alabama then check it out.
5 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month
- I discovered that there is a difference between true friends and acquaintance. It was hard to realize this but it made me think about priorities and about which of my friends are truely important to me.
- I needed a new computer, found one at the end of April and am in love with it.
- With spring arriving I rediscovered my love for unsweetened iced-tea. I am not a huge tea drinker during the winter months but in spring and summer I love it.
- I always knew that I had an amazing family but during April I just it was truely amazing. I know that I don't say it enough but I have the best parents in the whole wide world!
- I rediscovered my need for sunshine. During this long winter I felt drained and my energy level was on a constant low. Since the beginning of this months and those warm and sunny days I feel like my old self again.
Things I'm Looking Forward to in May
May will be a month of studying and taking exams so there are not so many things to look forward to but I found some:
- From the 13th to the 19th of May it's time for the Bout of Books Readathon!
- In May we have some holidays in Austria. One is today (May 1st) and then there are two more holidays at the end of May.
- Some great books I am really looking forward to will be published during the month of May.
- I will, hopefully, enjoy a nice brunch with friends next weekend and one with my family too.
Felix in April