Friday, May 17, 2013

...in books

Review
Reunited
by Hilary Weisman-Graham


First sentences:
Is the blindfold really necessary?“ Alice asked her parents.

Summary:
1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends
Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.
Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.
But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.
Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.
Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.
But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?

source: Goodreads

My opinion:
Road Trip!

If you follow my blog for a while now, you will know that I love road trips – being on one, reading about it or seeing it in a movie. I love that everything gets this special dynamic when on a road trip and that being “stuck” in a car with people usually leads to interesting situations.

Reunited was such a book. The synopsis was really promising; going on a trip with your two ex-best friends (oh, how I love this description) to see a one-time-only show of your favorite band that unfortunately broke up shortly after you did; how awesome will that be.

I enjoyed the book and I liked the idea but it wasn’t as captivating as I thought it would be. Don’t get me wrong – it was a nice story of three girls who grew up together and were now, many years later, “forced” to spend time with each other. The situations they had to face and maneuver through were hilarious but the ending was a bit obvious for me.

The girls were lovely (most of the time) and typical 18 year old girls with boy- and parents-problems. They were convincing and real.

So if you are looking for an entertaining road trip novel than pick up Reunited. It’s a quick and fun read with lovely characters and a nice storyline.

For more information about Hilary Weisman-Graham visit her Homepage, Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages. 

1 comment:

  1. I love road trips too! (we should totally go on one, by the way :)) I have this book on my Kindle and was really looking forward to reading it but now I'm not so sure. I'm so sorry it was a bit of a let-down!

    ReplyDelete