Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Life...


Monthly Rewind
June 

My Pic of June
 
We had an amazing full moon on Friday June 13th and my camera is a real gem. If you look closely you can see moon craters on the right side of the moon. This photo was taken a day before full moon.

June in One Word
Over
June just flew by and I cannot really pin-point why exactly. It just was over real quick and now that I’m on summer break I started thinking that the first half of 2014 is over. Time is just flying this year.



 5 Things that Happened in June
  1. One of my best friends celebreated his 30th birthday. Actually we organized a party for him because he was way too busy and we just couldn't let him not celebrate such a milestone. 
  2. The Soccer Worldcup in Brazil started and even though I usually am not a big fan of soccer I tend to watch such big sport events quite religiously. Maybe because it's a good excuse sitting on the couch, reading a book while occasionally looking at the TV. 
  3. I had finals week and studied for a big junk of June.
  4. My mum and I went to the Bryan Adams concert at Burg Clam. It was a beautiful sunny summer day - perfect for an open air concert. The concert was like two hours away from Vienna and we had a great time. This was my third Bryan Adams concert and it was just perfect. The location was fantastic and he and the band had so much fun on stage. This concert got a place in my top five.
    the photo is not the best quality but we saw the stage brilliantly
  5. We had a lovely family gathering to celebrate some birthdays that were between March and June. On probably the hottest day of the month we all met at my aunt's house, had a BBQ, some wine and beer, cake and a wonderful time talking, laughing and celebrating.


5 Songs that Were Popular on My i-Pod
Rea Garvey - Can't Say No
Bryan Adams - Can't Stop This Thing We Started
The Corrs - Toss The Feathers
 Sheryl Crow - Soak Up The Sun
Robbie Williams - Hot Fudge 
Books I Read this Month 
  • Rachel Hawkins - Hex Hall 
  • Colleen Helme - Carrots 
  • Terry Pratchett - Going Postal  
  • Paul Acampora - I Kill the Mockingbird 
  • Jennifer L. Armentrout - Obsidian 
  • Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler - The Future Of Us  
  • Gail Carriger - Blameless 
  • Stephanie Perkins - Anna and the French Kiss 
  • Shannon Stacey - All He Ever Needed   
    9 books
    2906 pages


a TV series I liked this Month
 I watched the series final of the third season on Melissa and Joey. 
It was really cute but I didn't watch much TV apart from soccer.




4 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month
  1. That I do not need chocolate as much as I thought. 
  2. How awesome my friends are....
  3. I had the best time planning the gift for my friend's birthday. He was in desperate need of some new tennis shoes and I didn't want to give him an evelope filled with money so I talked to his wife - one of my best friends - and bought some tennis shoes that will fit their daughter. He got a big box with tennis balls on which we all signed and the small shoes for Laura with an envelope filled with money underneath. I could really kick myself that I didn't take a photo because it looked really cute but I forgot. 
  4. Sometimes you have to prioritize in life even though some friends won't like it.  



Things I'm Looking Forward to in July
  • Spending a day at the playground with my favorite little guy and his mum - laughing, talking, chasing after a two year old. 
  • Celebrating the 30th birthdays of two other friends.
  • Calling one of my best friends whom I haven't seen nearly enough since her daughter was born almost two years ago and go to the zoo with her and her girl. 
  • Having a bit more time to blog - I missed it so much in June but life just got in the way.
Felix in June
Felix can sleep in the weirdest positions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment