Wednesday, January 8, 2014

...in books

Review
Lucky in Love
by Jill Shalvis

Lucky in Love is book 4 in the Lucky Harbor series and
I highly recommend reading the other books in the series before reading this one.
Otherwise you will spoil yourself.

First sentences:
Lightning sent a jagged bolt across Ty Garrison's closed lids. Thunder boomed and the earth shuddered, and he jerked straight up in bed, gasping as if he'd just run a marathon.

Summary:
Mallory Quinn has had enough of playing it safe. As a nurse and devoted daughter, she takes care of everyone but herself. And as the local good girl, she's expected to date Mr. Right. But for once, she'd like to take a risk on Mr. Wrong. And who could be more wrong than Ty Garrison? The mysterious new guy in town has made it clear that he's only passing through, which suits Mallory just fine. Besides, his lean, hard body and sexy smile will give her plenty to remember once he's gone . . .
For the first time in his life, Ty can't bear to leave. Helping this sexy seductress-in-training walk on the wild side is making him desire things he shouldn't including leaving the military for good. As their just-for-fun fling becomes something more, Mallory and Ty wonder if they could really be this lucky in love. After all . . . anything can happen in a town called Lucky Harbor.
source: Goodreads

My opinion:
Lucky in Love is the fourth book in the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis and with this we get introduced to a whole new set of main characters.

Mallory Quinn, nurse and chocolate lover, takes care of everyone. She tries to pleases the whole town and do what is expected from her but sometimes even the good girl has to break free and do something crazy.

Ty is Mallory's man for doing something crazy with. There is an undeniable attraction between them from the beginning on but both of them try to ignore that and keep telling themselves that there are no feelings involved in whatever they got themselves into.

With the whole town watching Mallory and Ty need to decide if they are willing to take a risk or if Ty really is just passing through.

Lucky in Love is another great book in the Lucky Harbor series and told in Jill's beautiful way of painting a picture. Her writing makes the story really come to life for me and I can honestly say that whenever I fell like I need a pick me up I gravitate towards one of her books.

I adored Maddie, Tara and Chloe, the main characters of the first three books and wasn't so sure if I would love the new ones just as much as those three but I do. Mallory is like the girl next door. She's nice and attentive, she takes care of everyone and everything and puts herself last on her list of priorities. I think this is a character trade many girls have and we should be a little more selfish throughout life. No, I'm not saying be a bitch and take whatever you want. I'm just saying that maybe sometimes we should look a little bit more after ourselves before we take care of others and their feelings. I think it would make things easier.

I never thought I'd say that but from Mallory's development throughout the book I really took some advice for myself. Being nice is always good but sometimes taking what you want will bring you just where you want to be.


The books in the Lucky Harbor series are:
  • Simply Irresistible (read my review here)
  • The Sweetest Thing (read my review here)
  • Head Over Heels (read my review here)
  • Lucky In Love
  • At Last
  • Forever And A Day
  • Under The Mistletoe
  • It Had To Be You
  • Always On My Mind
  • Once Upon A Time (expected publication: February, 2014)
For more information about Jill Shalvis visit her Homepage, her Blog and herFacebook and Twitter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment