Monday, April 1, 2013

My Life...

Monthly Rewind
March

My Pic of March


March in One Word
Reorganizing
Unfortunately March was still wintery and it snowed so much. University started again too and that meant a lot of planning and reorganzing of my days. I also had to plan my exams and stuff. So I spent a lot of time making lists, rearranging my days, planning studying periods and reorganizing things like my bookshelves. 


5 Things that Happened in March
  1. University started again this months and I unfortunely have all my courses in the afternoon which interferes with my work schedule. It still isn't arranged perfectly but it will be okay for the next 2,5 months.
  2. It was my mum's birthday on the 30th and my dad and me went shopping for her presents together. Getting her something for her birthday is super easy. She reads almost as much as I do and I hardly ever buy her something else than books. This year was a good birthday for her - she got 7 books!
  3. A good friend called and asked if I could babysit her boy regularly every Thuesday because she and her boyfriend also had troubles with their university courses. Fortunately I have no lecture when they need me and I can spend weekly quality time with the little bear. Yes, I call baby boys bear.
  4. I finally saw a good friend of mine again. She had her baby in September and since then I only saw her two or three times. But this month she decided that even full time mum's need one evening for themselves every 6 months and so we went to our favorite pub and spent some hours there talking and laughing. I really hope that I'll see her again soon. I also went for coffee with my bestie and another good friend and we talked for ages. We hardly find time for all three to meet and I enjoyed it so much. Meeting friends can be really hard when everyone is super busy and working like 24/7. I also finally managed to catch a coffee with my best boy (who could also be called a friend I went to school with, who knows me really well and who is my best male friend even though he annoys me from time to time). We haven't seen each other since the beginning of February and talking just the two of us was long overdue. After meeting him I'm always in a better mood. He just gets me. 
  5. I started a seminar this months that is not really fascinating but I met an old colleague again. We immediately started talking and I really like carpooling with him because our talks are always enjoyable and I learned a lot about him during those drives.

5 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
He's a pirate by David Garrett


Take a little ride by Jason Aldean covered by Jameson Bass, Jenny Lane and Black Prez


Pretty Eyes by Alex Goot


When I was your man by Bruno Mars covered by Corey Gray


Two is better than one by Boys like Girls and Taylor Swift covered by Corey Gray and Julia Sheer


Book I Read this Month
  • Victoria Schwab - The Archived
  • Jill Shalvis - Simply Irresistible 
  • Hilary Weisman Graham - Reunited 
  • Terry Pratchett - Snuff 
  • Stephanie Wardrop - Snark and Circumstance 
  • Jane Austen - Pride & Prejudice 
  • Kerstin Gier - Emerald Green 
7 books
2286 pages

a TV series I liked this month

I still really enjoyed watching old Blossom episodes but I also started watching Gilmore Girls again. I have to say that there is nothing better than watching Lorelai and Rory interact after a hard day or intense studying.


5 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month
  1. my love for Cheesecake! I made one for mum's birthday and this is a really good dessert!
  2. I finally found Taylor Swift's Enchanted Wonderstruck perfume at a drugstore and it smells just divine. So in love with it!
  3. Soft pink lipsticks - I recently bought two and love adding this extra bit of color to my make-up.
  4. I rediscovered that it now takes some effort from me and my friends to find time for meeting for coffee or in the evening. Every time I was able to meet one or more of my friends I had a great time and I will make more time for those meetings. Promise!
  5. During Bloggiesta I finally took all those little scraps of paper with ideas for blog posts and other blog related things on them and put them all in one notebook. I know that I love organizing and that being organized helps my productivity but this notebook completely started my love for blogging again. I have some great ideas for posts.


Things I'm Looking Forward to in April

  • Today's Easter Brunch with my whole family. On Monday after Easter my aunt and uncle, my cousins and their partners, my grandpa, my parents and me all meet at my other aunt's and uncle's and just enjoy family time.
  • Dewey's 24 hours Read-a-thon is on the 27th of April. For more information click here.
  • Some spring days - hopefully! According to the weather channel winter will stay here for the next two weeks (I wanted to cry when I heard it today). 
  • Reading some fabulous books. I have a lot of studying to do during April and during those times I usually switch between studying and reading.  

Felix in March
March was a pretty grey, dark and still wintery. We all spent a lot of time inside and Felix spent his spare time sleeping. He rarely sleeps in my room but during March I often spottet him lying under my desk or next to my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment