Monday, June 2, 2014

My Life...


Monthly Rewind
May

My Pic of May 

My good friend Judith got married at the end of April and this bouquet was the centerpiece of the table and was a smaller version of her wedding bouquet. I got one as a gift on the day after the wedding and it surived over a week at home. Whenever the rain got to me during May I looked at this picture and it instantly made me feel better.


May in One Word
Finally
I spent some days in Amsterdam at the beginning of May and finally met some my favorite bookish people. After waiting for over a year since my last failed attempt to travel to the Netherlands I made it this time and had some great days there and it was so much fun meeting Kat, Judith, Lisa, Daisy and Celine in person. I really hope we'll see each other again soon.

5 Things that Happened in May

  1. A good friend of mine got married on the 31st and had a lovely wedding ceremony. I spent the afternoon with my friends - talking, laughing and enjoying each other's company. Once again I discovered how lucky I am to have friends like that.
  2. The adorable baby boy I'm looking after every second week finally managed to say my name, according to his mum. I'll check on Tuesday when we will all visit the zoo together. 
  3. It rained a lot!
  4. I finally got my reading mojo back. I spent more time reading and picked up some good books this month. So glad to be "back on track". 
  5. My internet was pretty slow during May - damn you, internet providor, so I had more time to read, take my dog on walks and watch some movies.
  6.  
3 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
 The Common Linnets - Calm after the storm 
Song Contest Entry from the Netherlands

This version from Blame it on the Boogie
sung by contestants from The Voice of Germany

A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera - Say Something


Book I Read this Month

  • Jill Shalvis - It Had To Be You 
  • Kristin Rae -Wish You Were Italian
  • Hera Lind - Das Superweib (German book)
  • Cassandra Clare - City of Ashes
  • Chris Ewan - The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam
  • Sarah Dessen - The Truth About Forever 
  • Katie Cotugno - How to Love
7 books
2548 pages


a TV series I liked this month
Alex and Claudia
Mein Leben und ich is a German TV-series and the title can be translated into My Life and I. 
It's bascially the only German comedy series I really like and it's about Alex, who's 15 or 16 at the beginning of the series and who is almost unbearbaly sarcastic. She lives in Cologne with her hippie parents and her younger brother and is happy being an outsider until a new girl, Claudia, moves to the city and decides to befriend her. From this moment on Alex's life is turned upside down. 

3 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month

  1. Me and my fellow book club members should try to find an older book to read for June because all the newer hyped up books are difficult for at least one of us. 
  2. The annual Twitter song contest bashing is a lot of fun but when Austria is winning the only thing that came to my mind was how much this will cost us. I'm still a bit shocked that we actually won. 
  3. Colorful pens and markers are my best friends during exam season.



Things I'm Looking Forward to in June
  • A massive family birthday party - my mum, one of my aunts, both my uncles and my older cousin will celebrate their birthdays next weekend. Hopefully the weather will be fine and we can spend some time sitting in my aunt's garden, enjoying the sunshine. 
  • my exams - don't get me wrong....I'm not looking forward to taking them but to finally have summer holidays (at the end of June). 
  • Planning my summer. 
  • Sunshine and warm weather!
  • Three good friends of mine celebrate their 30th birthday between June 1st and July 7th. So I'm pretty sure there will be some parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment