Friday, November 11, 2011

... in books


TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by GReads! and this week’s topic is:
Love-Hate Relationship: Which characters from a book do you love to hate?

I picked four characters I really love to hate and noticed that I have quite a handful of book character I love to hate. 

 

The first and also my all time favorite one is Severus Snape the horrible teacher at Harry Potter’s school Hogwarts. He always tries to work against Harry and his friends and I sometimes think he does it in a really entertaining way. For me he is the perfect character to hate with all your heart.





Two other characters are from my two favorite murder mystery series. 

 

Benito Ramirez from Janet Evanovich’s Stepahnie Plum novel. Well actually Ramirez only appears in two of them but they are soooooo spooky. He is a professional boxer and hates it when someone isn’t doing what he asks them to. He is a character who is willing to threat someone and he was also charged with rape but his victims disappeared. He is clearly not a nice person but perfect for hating. 
By the way, Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" will be in cinemas in 2012 with Katherine Heigl as Stepahnie Plum. 





The other one is Josephine Ripley from JoAnna Carl’s “The Chocolate Cat Caper”. She is the victim in this book but she had such an impact on the lives of Joe and Lee. She was Joe’s rich ex wife and she left him all her estates but unfortunately also all her debts. She really slows the relationship between Joe and Lee down. She is murdered in the first novel of JoAnna Carl’s series but has a huge impact on the other books as well.





And last but not least I want to mention the Count of Saint Germain. He is the main villain in Kerstin Gier’s “Ruby red” and the two follow up novels. He is totally evil and I am still not sure what he is up to after finishing part two of the series. Really bad guy!


2 comments:

  1. I definitely loved to hate Snape for the majority of the series... but by the end of it I just plain loved him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snape was just so complex - so I couldn't decide if I loved or hated him :-)

    ReplyDelete